Sunday, May 1, 2011

When others say it better

Riley's Hope in Healing program has been very helpful. They send monthly packets with information on grief and such. Sometimes I find the information very helpful. In certain cases, it's nice when someone else can put into words exactly what you are thinking. If you have ever lost someone close to you, this might help you say what you've wanted to say...

Anger:
by Joanetta Hendel
Don't tell me that you understand,
Don't tell me that you know.
Don't tell me that I will survive, 
How I will surely grow.

Don't tell me this is just a test, 
That I am truly blessed, 
That I am chosen for this task,
Apart from all the rest.

Don't come at me with answers
That can only come from me,
Don't tell me how my grief will pass
That I will soon be free.

Don't stand in pious judgment
Of bonds I must untie,
Don't tell me how to suffer, 
Don't tell me how to cry.

My life is filled with selfishness,
My pain is all I see,
But I need you, I need your love,
Unconditionally.

Accept me in my ups and downs, 
I need someone to share, 
Just hold my hand and let me cry,
And say, "My friend, I care."


Thank you to everyone is my life who has done just this. Thank you to everyone who has been there to listen and share and love me. Thank you. You know who you are. 

And now one of the thousands (and most important) of reasons I go on each and every day:


1 comment:

  1. geez--- emotional mommy here!! please come wipe the tears!! APRIL- I LOVE you so much and you know! Although we dont talk everyday you know how much i think about you and care for each and everyone of you!!! love you!!!

    ReplyDelete