Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ABC's--D

D is for Daddy

  • My dad is such a hard worker
  • He can do anything and if he can't, he's going to work really hard at it until he's cussing and then he'll figure it out anyway
  • My dad has a wonderful sense of humor. Some of my best memories with my dad are those where we have shared great laughs
  • My dad has passed on many of his loves including golf, the Cubs, the Bears, food, being outside with the birds, working hard
  • I love when my dad tells me his stories about when I was little. Some of my favorites are about he and I driving together listening to the Cubs. 
  • My dad has a wonderful connection with Alex and I wouldn't take that away from either one of them EVER. I love watching them build a bond.
  • I love you dad. Thanks for helping make me the person I am today.

1 comment:

  1. That's sweet. I use the term Daddy as well. But it wasn't always like that. As a teenager we butted heads so terribly, I think I threw down the, I hate you at one point. Which is just awful to say to a parent who really loves you. Anyway, after going off to college 2 hours away from home...distance makes the heart grow fonder and we became closer, and have just gotten closer every year since. So, now, I have this little girl love for him all over again and that's why I call him Daddy. He is also a hard worker, loves fixing up old cars, playing with his grandchildren, and is very protective of his family. I wrote a tribute to him for his birthday on April 19th-in my blog, if you want to look at it...

    He and my mom are coming to visit this weekend!! =) I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete