Monday, May 16, 2011

The ABC's of Blogging--B

Tonight for the letter B I am blogging about the word bravery.

Bravery:
  • One word that people have been using with me lately is brave. I have heard many times, "you are so brave."
  • So I've been asking myself, what does that mean? I'm sure many of you can give me your interpretation and I invite you to do so. 
  •  I looked up the word online. Having or showing courage. Making a fine show. Splendor or magnificence. The ability to confront fear, pain, risk/danger, uncertainty or intimidation.
  • Well if that's what you guys mean when you tell me I'm being brave, then sure I guess I'm being brave. 
  • Many of you have told me that you don't know if you could do the same in my situation and I hope NONE of you ever has to experience my situation. I would never wish something like this on my worst enemy. I don't have many people I consider to be enemies, but the ones I don't get along, I wouldn't even wish something remotely close to this on them. 
  • I have the ability to confront fear, pain, etc. But the truth is, I don't know any other way. I don't know how not to go on. I don't know to not to push through and come out a better person. 
  • I'm not sure if that makes me brave, but I hope that my kids will be stronger because of it.
  • I hope some of you reading this will make a change in your life. I hope you will try to be a better person. Because the truth is, if I can do it so can you.
  • "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid." The real truth is I'm scared to death. I'm scared that tomorrow or the day after or the day after that I won't be able to go on anymore. I'm scared that my courage will just dissipate.
  • So in closing, my challenge is this: Find one thing you have been too afraid to do and find the courage, be brave and go for it. It turns out tomorrow might not be there like you always expected it would.

I think we've all been pretty brave lately.

1 comment:

  1. As a mother...I think you will always have the ability to go on, because you have other children to love and take care of. However, there is nothing in the rule book that says the kids can't stay with Grandma and Grandpa for a day or two while you lay in bed and cry and sleep. But, that's just me.

    B: Baby.

    I call a select few by this "name." My husband is my baby. Hudson is my baby. Archer is my baby. And my brother's daughter, my niece-I call baby. I have extreme amounts of love for these particular people and if I ever notice myself calling another person baby...I take note. They are special.

    ReplyDelete