Friday, August 19, 2011

ABC's--Z

Z is for Zen

I"m not sure I ever actually enter into a meditative state; however, there are things in my life that help me find peace. I think finding peace, serenity, relaxation, zen, whatever form it may be is important. All the time throughout grad school and in trainings, conferences and meetings, people are always talking about taking time for yourself, and making sure you de-stress so it doesn't get too overwhelming and you can be a great therapist or a great whatever it is you do. For a long time I didn't put much stock into those suggestions. I kind of brushed it off. I never saw the importance in what people were telling me. At some point, maybe I matured or something else, I realized it's okay to relax, de-stress and feel good about yourself. 

So I am mandating that you find your zen, relaxation or peace whether you are a stay at home, a therapist, behaviorist, nurse, doctor, teacher, retail worker, restaurant worker, or whatever it is you do...FIND SOME TIME FOR YOU. You can only be the best you if you are taking care of yourself. You owe it to yourself and you owe it to everyone around you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment